The Book of TreDay.com

Just my thoughts....Everyday, All Day!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

Tre' Day is a 10 year radio veteran at KIPR/Little Rock with his own production company, Everyday All Day Productions...on the web at: www.EverydayAllDay.com

Wednesday, July 11

Chapter 2: Love,
Verse 8: Strength

I know, I've been gone for a while and I'm sorry...I know should have been updating this more frequently. However, to make up for it...let me introduce you to a friend of mine, Brandon Weeks!!!

I first met Brandon on the football field last year at the Delta Classic for Literacy. I didn't remember much about him on that day, just the fact that he was playing football with the rest of us kids. :)

I haven't heard from Brandon since, but appearently he's been hearing a lot of me. Frequent trips from Pine Bluff to Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock were made a little bit better by jammin' Power 92!!! You can't beat it for the price!

Over the last month however, Brandon hasn't been able to listen to the radio. I imagne he hasn't been able to do a lot of things like excerise or even eat somedays. Brandon was diagnosed with Lukemia and just last week had a pancreatic attack that almost killed him.

So, when his mother called me on the request line and asked if I could go by to see him...it wasn't a matter of if, but when....what a great honor! We made plans for Sunday and his smile when I walked in the room was priceless. A moment I'll never forget. His strength and spirit was a joy to be around and I can truly say the pleasure was all mine.

After I asked how he was doing, he turned around and asked me about the B.E.T. Awards! Pretty amazing, considering everything else he could be thinking about. Luckly, I was prepared and gave him my program from the Awards show! Also, Brandon is first person to recieve the new Everyday All Day Gear for 07'! (which will be available to you on July 21st)

Brandon's dad, cousins, and other family memebers were there too and let me tell you...it's great to have people like that by your side. My family has a long history of Cancer, so I understand how it can be when a loved one is going through Kemo and all that.

Brandon will turn 15 on July 15th, so I told him if he's still stuck in the hospital I'll come by and beat him down in a couple video games on the PlayStation 2!!! :) Hopefully, with your thoughts and prayers for Brandon...you'll save him from the beat down and he'll be out by then. But, if not...let's all wish him a Happy Birthday!!!!

Take It To The House Brandon,

Tre' Day, Everyday, All Day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home