The Book of TreDay.com

Just my thoughts....Everyday, All Day!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

Tre' Day is a 10 year radio veteran at KIPR/Little Rock with his own production company, Everyday All Day Productions...on the web at: www.EverydayAllDay.com

Monday, March 6

Chapter 1: Celebrities,
Verse 4: Lessons Learned

Pretty Ricky is a good example of why I love my job. Not because I get to meet and hang out with celebrities, but because everyday is something different. With great callers like you and crazy artisits like Pretty Ricky stopping by...you never quite know what to expect, and to me, that's one of the great things about my show. (2-6pm, CST, on www.Power923.com) First lesson: Find something that you love to do and make that your job! In my opinion, it will make your life much happier and you will be successful at it if you enjoy it. Stick it with even if you don't make as much money as you like or if things don't exactly go as planned.

Example: one night back in 1997 I was doing my first show ever on the radio...2-6am Sunday mornings before the Power Gospel Show! (amen!) Even though I was nervous, I thought even if I messed up not many people would be up at that time to hear the mistake, right??? WRONG! I couldn't believe the amount of calls coming in from people working the third shift, people just chillin' at the house, or people coming home from the club so they could freshen up before heading to church. :) Anyways, I played this song from Eazy-E. I don't remember the name of it, but I can easily recall the lyrics after a smooth 45 seconds, Eazy says: "And you know I hate a lie (music fades out for 2 seconds, into gunshots) MOTHER******* GONNA DIE!!!"

I doubt my boss was awake at that time, however he did end up hearing it somehow and I thought I was the one who was gonna die! I accidentally played the dirty version instead of the radio version, (obvisouly) and it taught me another important lesson: Pay attention to detail. My boss did like the fact that I didn't panic, I took responsibility for the error, and I've been perfect since! :) Just playin'!!! I just try to do a better job than I did the day before and that's all I can do...keep improving.

Let's move right along to the pixx I told you about Friday! Here she is: Ashanti!!! It's another example of you never know what may happen at any given moment:

Now that's sad. Wardrobe issues on the top and the bottom!!!

Tomorrow is a very special day for me personally, so make sure to come by and find out why. Also, later this week...some BIG award news and you're not gonna believe it, but I've found even more celebrity pixx that will defenitely make some of your dreams true!!! Dare I say....BEYONCE!!!

Take it to the House!!!

Tre' Day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home